Getting Back On Track

Since I was knocked out with the flu for most of the week I didn't do much cooking for myself so there wasn't much to share. However, I did make a wonderful Rustic Potato Leek Soup and now that I'm feeling better I added a little of the red pepper chicken sausage that I used in the last post to spice it up a bit. To round out the meal, I made a salad with Kale and red peppers that were messaged with a bit of olive oil and kosher salt.


Soup and salad - yum!


And while I was watching the Vikings break my heart in football today, I consoled myself with a new pizza recipe using polenta as the crust. It was so easy and so good! I simply made polenta like I would usually make it and then spread it over an oil covered pan. I brushed a bit more olive oil over the polenta crust and baked it for 30 minutes before adding sauce and toppings. The sauce is homemade as well so now I have extra in the freezer for my next pizza craving. The green pepper was the last one from the garden and it was perfect on this pizza!


And since I still had Kale salad left, I had it again with my pizza. Perfect and very little fuss for dinner.

I've also come to the conclusion that I need more "rustic" dishes to go with the food I've been making lately.

Comments

Popular Posts