Rough Start to Cooking for One

I had high hopes of having a menu written, groceries bought and prep work done for meals for this week but instead I had a weekend with my daughter home from college! I'll take daughter home over organized meals anytime!



So here's what I did get done for this week and now I have to plan around it. Andrea asked for roasted chicken while she was home so I made a bit more than I needed. To use the chicken for an easy lunch that I can take for work I picked up a variety of lettuce as well as strawberries. I had some nuts in the house that I roasted and a bit of goat cheese that needed using up so there I have my fixings for a lovely chicken salad that I can pack in advance and take to work. I also boiled and peeled some eggs that pack well for breakfast. Finally, I made a batch of vegetarian chili that I plan to reinvent during the week.


However, this book is waiting for me at the library (which I'll walk over and pick up during my lunch break today) so maybe I'll get a bit more insight into this cooking for one business by reading it.


While I was at the library I also found this little gem so will be diving into two books about cooking for one tonight!



Comments

Popular Posts